Thursday, April 14, 2011

On Track

It’s been a good week. Not only is it the first of 14 weeks worth of holidays but I went and saw my Sports Med Doc and she was really pleased with my progress. She had me jumping and hopping on the ‘sore’ foot  and I only really felt it on very minor level. So that was good, my flexibility was good and any difference between the fractured and the good foot when she poked and prodded was hardly noticeable.
The Doc has given me a program to follow that takes me right up to a 4-5 day taper before the tip-toe through the mountains. I start walk/running in two weeks and will hopefully cope with that without any flare ups. I am also going to see a podiatrist and get fitted with a small orthotic that will make the 2nd metatarsal float like a butterfly, it will be that well supported.
Finally got back to training, on a bike, with Seb and Gully on Sunday morning. We went up and down Waverley rd hill near Springvale rd. It’s a teenage skater’s biggest challenge and it’s a skater’s parents worse nightmare. A monster of a hill. I will be back again this week for some more quad pain.
So with 30 days to go I am still being cautious but getting more confident that all will be OK. My Doc was concerned that if I get too excited about the fact I am virtually pain free then I would do too much too soon. I assured her that if I break down it will be in the race, not before. Just got to get on the start line.

No comments:

Post a Comment